Sunday 28 April 2013

My Buttercream Recipe

Hi guys I thought I would share with you my Buttercream recipe which makes about enough to pipe 12 cupcakes depending on how much icing you use on each cupcake.

Ingredients:
130g Butter
300g Icing Sugar (or powdered sugar, any brand will do).
1-3 tsp of any flavoring (I like to use fresh lemon juice)

Step 1: Cream the butter for about 5 minuets (until it is light in colour, smooth and creamy).
Step 2: Add the icing sugar 3 spoons at a time until it is all gone. You can add the flavouring whilst mixing the icing sugar. 


If you like you can add colour when mixing it. I like to use gel colour but you can use liquid. 

I hope you like this recipe, you could try adding fresh orange juice, I haven't tried that yet! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment